Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pitsineuleinen tunikatoppi - translated

 I fell in love with this pattern after spying it on Ravelry, but unfortunately it was written in Finnish.  Using my knitting-know-how and the wonders of Google Translator, I have come up with an English Translation.

Please note:
I did NOT create this pattern, nor am I profiting in any way by posting this translation.  As always, this pattern and the image to the left are copyrighted to the original creator.

I claim no responsibility for errors in the original pattern.  Errors in my translation, however, are another story :)

Original Pattern: Pitsineuleinen tunikatoppi
Ravelry link: Pitsineuleinen tunikatoppi


Pitsineuleinen tuniatoppi aka. knitted lace tunic top

Size: S (M/L, XL)

Finished Measurements
Chest: 96 (110, 124)cm
Length: 57 (64, 66)cm

Materials
DK weight yarn, approximately 350 (400, 250) grams
3.5mm needles

Gauge: 26st by 28 rows in lace pattern, 23st by 29 rows in K1P1 rib

Lace Charts:
Please visit the original pattern site above to download the lace charts.  Here is my translated legend:













 Directions:

Back 
Cast on 128 (146, 164) stitches, P one row
Begin working chart I: Work first 12 stitches, work pattern repeat 6 (7,8) times, work final 8 stitches
Repeat chart I 7 (8,8) times, then work chart II once.  You should now have 87(99, 111) stitches
Work in k1p1 rib until rib section measures 11 (12.5, 14.5) cm
Work across 24 (30, 35) stitches of right shoulder, place on stitch holder
BO 39 (39,41) stitches for neck, work across 24 (30, 35) stitches of left shoulder
Work in k1p1 rib up left shoulder until it measures 5 cm, BO
Work in k1p1 rib up right shoulder until it measures 5 cm, BO

Front
Work same as back until you have worked 4 (5.5, 7.5) cm in k1p1 rib
Work across 24 (30, 35) stitches of right shoulder, place on stitch holder
BO 39 (39,41) stitches for neck, work across 24 (30, 35) stitches of left shoulder
Work in k1p1 rib up left shoulder until it measures same as back shoulder, BO
Work in k1p1 rib up right shoulder until it measures same as back shoulder, BO

Finishing
Seam sides and shoulder seams.  Block if desired


Please post any errors in my translation or any tips that you find in the comments below.  I will post pictures of my finished project as soon as it is finished!

UPDATE 7/31/2011 - It's done!


1 comment:

  1. thanks for writing up a translation! i cast on today!
    one question, where is the length measured from?

    ReplyDelete